Fulton Street Grand Re-Opening is October 21st
The first of three segments at Fulton Mall were opened for automobile traffic on Tuesday, September 19. These roads haven’t been open to automobile traffic for 50 years. The barricades were taken down between Tuolumne and Fresno streets, a two-block stretch, for the first segment. The segment between Inyo and Tulare streets also opened to traffic.
Fulton Street, between Tuolumne and Inyo streets, closed to automobile traffic in 1964 to make a pedestrian-only shopping mall. In March 2016 the $20 million restoration project began to restore Fulton Mall to have automobile traffic.
This project includes new street signs and the relocation of the civic art that was installed on the Fulton Mall. The art pieces on the Tuolumne to Fresno segment have mostly been finished but there are a few that remain in other segments.
The final segment, between Tulare and Inyo streets, is scheduled to open on October 21st with a ribbon cutting. Other activities at the Fulton Street Party include:
- Draggin’ the Main Car Cruise
- Drink and food specials from Fulton restaurants
- Exclusive pop-up shops, bars, and restaurants
- Dynamic, live street art and performances
- Two beer gardens on Fulton Street
- Delicious food trucks
- Live music at the Music@Mariposa stage
There are two places to see local bands play, the Kern Plaza and the Mariposa Plaza.
The lineup for the Kern Plaza include:
- Fire and Rain
- Tent City Christ
- The Roger Perry Band
- Llama Boy
- The Kings of Blackstone
- With Peter Moerdyke in between sets
The lineup for the Mariposa Plaza includes:
- Steve Alcala’s Latin Big Band
- John Clifton Blues Band
- Keysha Burns and the Impromptu Band
- 40 Watt Hype
- With We Got the Beat Youth Percussion Band as opening acts to the official City of Fresno ribbon cutting ceremony
If there’s something else you want to see at the Fulton Street Party fill out this survey!
This is an event you don’t want to miss! Mark October 21st on your calendar for the Fulton Street Party!
- Clovis Rodeo - April 15, 2019
- Easter Events in Fresno - March 25, 2019
- Springfest at China Peak - March 15, 2019
- St. Patrick’s Day in Fresno - February 25, 2019
- Pub Quizzes in Fresno - February 18, 2019
- Grocery Delivery Services in Fresno - February 4, 2019
- Local Valentine’s Day Date Ideas - January 25, 2019
- Chinese New Year Parade in Fresno - January 24, 2019
- China Peak Snow Report - January 16, 2019
- Restaurant Round-Up: New Openings in 2018 - January 7, 2019