Fresno Greek Fest TO-GO
8 Sep, 2020
Author: Kate Harris
Greek Fest looks a little different in 2020; it’s TO-GO! This is the very first Greek Fest TO-GO. Since festivals are mainly about the food, the Greek Fest team wanted to be able to provide part of Greek Fest while still keeping everyone safe from COVID-19.
They have planned a series of monthly TO-GO meal events. Each month there will a different fixed menu offered with a main course, sides and dessert. You can reserve ticket to pick up your meal on October 24th between the hours of 12 and 7pm.
The menu for October:
- Barbecue Chicken Souvlaki – Complete meal including paired Greek sides, Greek salad and Yiaoutopita (farina yogurt cake with orange zest in a light syrup)
- Gyro Bowl – Athenian seasoned pork served over rice pilaf and topped with tomato, cucumber, onion and tzatziki.
- Baklava 4-pack – Variety pack of four large baklava triangles. One each of: Traditional Walnut, Almond, Walnut-Chocolate Chip, and Pistachio.
How to Order
- Order online by midnight on October 21st – you won’t be able to order onsite
- No substitions or additional ordering onsite
- Quantities are limited by the hour in order to keep everyone safe and socially distanced. Choose the hour block for your meal pick-up, then bring your emailed ticket to the church at that time
- Pick-up is by drive-thru only
- Please wear your masks! They are required
- The drive-thru is located under the shade cloth at the church south parking lot gate (enter on Yale Ave)
New this month! Order Taverna TO-GO. Here are your options:
- Red & White Greek wine bottles
- World Famous Mythos Lager 6-packs
- Ouzo Tsantali in 200ml “Meal-sized” bottles
To order, pick up your food then pull forward to the Taverna TO-GO area and pay on-site. You must be 21+ and have your ID.
About Kate HarrisKate grew up in Santa Rosa, California and attended school at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, where she studied Media Communications with an emphasis in Film Studies. She enjoys hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and reading. She currently lives in Fresno with her husband and is the Digital Marketing Manager for WorldLight Media.
- St. Patrick’s Day in Fresno - March 6, 2023
- Need Groceries? Central California Food Bank Can Help - January 2, 2022
- Halloween Events in Fresno (2021) - October 12, 2021
- Crave Cookie Opens a Storefront - May 19, 2021
- Fresno Greek Fest TO-GO - September 8, 2020
- Chinese New Year Parade in Fresno - February 17, 2020
- Pub Quizzes in Fresno - February 5, 2020
- Places to Volunteer in Fresno - January 21, 2020
- Restaurant Round-Up: New Openings in 2019 - January 6, 2020
- China Peak Snow Report - December 23, 2019