Fresno Greek Fest 2016
23 Aug, 2016
Author: Kate Harris
Fresno Greek Fest is this weekend – August 26th through August 28th, and you don’t want to miss it! The 56th annual Greek Fest will be bigger than ever, expecting 30,000 people for 3 days of food, fun, and entertainment.
The Fresno Greek Fest will be held at St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 2219 N. Orchard in Fresno. It is on southwest the corner of 1st and Clinton.
The festival takes place this weekend.
- Friday, August 26, 2016 – 4pm-Midnight
- Saturday, August 27, 2016 – 11am-Midnight
- Sunday, August 28, 2016 – 11am -6pm
THINGS TO DO
There are so many things to do at the Fresno Greek Fest.
- There will be over 40 Greek themed vendors offering all kinds of Greek food including: gyros, Souvlaki, Vegetarian Plates, Greek Fries, Fried Calamari, Haloumi, Ice Cream, and much more!
- Food demonstrations will be presented to teach you how to make your own Greek food.
- St. George’s has their own dance group for entertainment, as well as authentic Greek dancers from all over the state to perform. There will be Greek dancing demonstration that is open to everyone!
- When it comes to drinking there is something for everyone. There will be a full Grecian style tavern bar, Greek wine tasting, frappes, and Greek coffee.
- Get your shopping fix – shop around for trinkets and souvenirs for the whole family.
- The popular Greek band, The Olympians, will be playing live music throughout the weekend. The HoHLax trio, who are from Greece, will also be playing acoustic and bouzouki music on the patio.
- Keep your kids entertained with the bounce houses, water slides, games, arts and crafts area, dress up photo booth, tractor train ride, and gold mining!
- The Youth activities are abundant this year including golf ball squirt, RC boats, paper rockets, dynamite blast, leather stamping and more.
Click here for a detailed schedule!
- Tickets are on sale now online for $5 per adult.
- Free admission with each purchase of a $25 gift card. Gift card can be used at every food, drink and dessert booth!
- Free admission with each 2017 Recipe Calendar purchase.
- Buy 4, Get 5 – get another free ticket when you buy an OPA! Bundle 5-pack.
You can get tickets for $6 per adult at the gate. Seniors (65+) and children under 12 are FREE!
Buy your tickets here!
About Kate HarrisKate grew up in Santa Rosa, California and attended school at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, where she studied Media Communications with an emphasis in Film Studies. She enjoys hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and reading. She currently lives in Fresno with her husband and is the Digital Marketing Manager for WorldLight Media.
- Possible $250M Improvements Coming to Downtown Fresno - May 12, 2023
- Fresno Farmer’s Markets - April 28, 2023
- St. Patrick’s Day in Fresno - March 6, 2023
- Need Groceries? Central California Food Bank Can Help - January 2, 2022
- Halloween Events in Fresno (2021) - October 12, 2021
- Crave Cookie Opens a Storefront - May 19, 2021
- Fresno Greek Fest TO-GO - September 8, 2020
- Chinese New Year Parade in Fresno - February 17, 2020
- Pub Quizzes in Fresno - February 5, 2020
- Places to Volunteer in Fresno - January 21, 2020