July is the hottest month of the year in Fresno with temperatures rising into the triple digits. When it gets this hot, sometimes we just want to find a place with good air conditioning and do nothing. But the City of Fresno is finding ways to help keep kids cool while still getting outside and having fun. Fresno splash parks have been popping up around the city over the past couple of years so kids can still go to the park but have a way to keep cool. The splash parks include interactive water features, misters, and cascades and are running from May to October. All of the Fresno splash parks use recirculated water so they do not drain the city water supply. Here are some of the most popular Fresno splash parks in the city.
About: Dickey Playground has interactive water spouts that shoot up into the air for kids to play around in. The park was recently renovated in 2013.
Location: 50 North Calaveras Street, Fresno
Figarden Loop Park
About: Figarden Loop Park has water spouts that shoot out of the ground as well as buckets that fill with water and pour down on top of people. There are also a lot of shaded areas in this park for parents to watch their kids.
Location: 4265 West Figarden Drive, Fresno
Todd Beamer Park
About: Todd Beamer Park is one of the best splash parks in Fresno because it has shooting water spouts, buckets of water that pour on top of people, as well as arches with water shooting out and spinning water disks.
Location: 9797 North Maple Ave, Fresno
Martin Ray Reilly Park
About: Martin Ray Reilly Park opened two years ago in Southeast Fresno. The splash park includes shooting water spouts for kids to interact with. The playground is also covered so kids won’t burn themselves on a hot day while playing.
Location: 750 North Chestnut Ave, Fresno
About: Inspiration Park has shooting water spouts and features a giant bucket that fills with water to spill all over the kids.
Location: 5770 West Gettysburg Ave, Fresno
- Chinese New Year Parade in Fresno - February 8, 2018
- 5 Local Valentine’s Day Date Ideas - February 1, 2018
- China Peak Snow Report - January 25, 2018
- Restaurant Round-Up: New Openings in 2017 - December 28, 2017
- Local Shops in Fresno - December 1, 2017
- Fresno Holiday Events in 2017 - November 28, 2017
- Grocery Delivery Services in Fresno - November 20, 2017
- 2017 Halloween Events in Fresno County - October 20, 2017
- Fulton Street Grand Re-Opening is October 21st - October 5, 2017
- Big Fresno Fair 2017 - October 4, 2017